These Terms of Service, along with everything stated throughout our website, govern our service and its use. Below we've included the highlights so that you can quickly make an informed decision about using our service.
Metamorphic is a better way to connect and share with people online, privacy-focused, and free from surveillance capitalism and the attention economy. Here are key things to note about our terms:
- Cancel your subscription anytime (see our hassle-free policy)
- Delete your account at any-time from within your account settings
- There are use and content restrictions (e.g. don't be a menace)
- You own your data but we are allowed to use it to provide our services
- You have legal rights but will try to contact us first to resolve any disputes
In general, reading our customer rights, hassle-free, privacy, and security pages gives you an accurate and informed understanding regarding our service and what you can reasonably expect.
Please take note of our use and content restriction highlights. Since your account is protected with asymmetric encryption, we cannot see what you may be doing on our service. This is a feature of our service intended to protect our customers from surveillance capitalism and other nefarious actors.
We can only be made aware of illicit use of our service from people reporting and sharing with us details about the offending account. If you are aware of an offensive account, or suspect it may be offensive, you can email us at email@example.com with information regarding the offending account.
Use and Content Restrictions
We reserve the right to take action against accounts found (or suspected) to be engaging in any of the following activities:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing Metamorphic and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else's identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User’s life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on Metamorphic;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of Metamorphic, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on Metamorphic, including the services or any network connected to Metamorphic;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via Metamorphic;
using Metamorphic or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on Metamorphic or the Service;
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from Metamorphic and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner;
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using Metamorphic to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder’s consent;
- using Metamorphic to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Metamorphic or another User's experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
- misappropriating any account in use by another User;
- harvesting or collecting any personally identifying information of other Users including but not limited to their email addresses or contact information, by circumventing the privacy setting of other Users’ accounts on Metamorphic or by any other means;
- using any information relating to other Users, including personal or contact data, for purposes other than those Metamorphic is intended for;
Essentially, you cannot use Metamorphic to hurt others or be a general menace to society. If you are intending to do so, then go somewhere else.
The actions that we may take against an offending account include, but are not limited to: denying the account(s) access to our service, deleting the account(s) and data, and reporting the account(s) to the competent authorities.
If this policy is substantively updated, we will update the text of this page and provide notice to you by writing '(Updated)' in rose next to the link to this page (in the footer) for a period of at least 30 days.
We will also mention the update to our terms, and potentially discuss in more detail, on the latest epside of our podcast to air after the update.